Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Opening Post: Tomorrow I'm Australian

I'm in LAX in Los Angeles. I left Ashland, Oregon, my home for 20 years, this morning at 7. It's 3:30 p.m. I fly at 8:10 p.m. for Sydney, from America, my home for 47 years, minus an odd excursion here and there. I've got a permanent resident visa good for five years. I've got a laptop, and work as long as I can come up with ideas. And write them down with some verve. My Tin awaits me; she's been back in her Sydney for a month hunting an apartment for us. No luck yet.

This is the record of my journey into Australia, beginning now, December 13, 2010.

There wil be photos. There will be videos. There will be songs. There will be stories. There will be beer.

Styx's "Come Sail Away" is playing in LAX's Daily Grill airport bar. That's either good or very, very bad.

A young woman with blonde hair, skinny shoulders, tired eyes, and a blue, rolled up bedroll just walked into the bar and gave me a dour look.

It's time for a smoke.

Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment