Saturday, April 30, 2011

Music

I went to a songwriter's competition at the Mona Vale Hotel last night with old Oregon friend, current Sydney Northern Beaches friend, Jeff Stanley. There were seven performers, four move on to the semi-finals. Jeff and I were of those four.

Over a handful of weeks in the last few months Jeff and I went to a smilar competition at the Dee Why RSL. Jeff took second (or co-won, really, as he moves on to the final at one of Sydney's best known clubs, The Basement, on May 3); I finished next and won a "paid gig" at The Basement. In the future.

I was kinda hoping the move to Australia would wake my atrophying music back up. Hmmph. Maybe it is.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is, "'Bout frickin' time dude!" Finish that "When I Was Japanese Song"! And then let your muse go nuts. ;~) GB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember that song - how'd it go?

    ReplyDelete